8/16/2009

Shabby Apple Dress




I finally had a chance to wear my Anchors Away dress from Shabby Apple! Since I'm only 5' tall, I hemmed about 4 inches off the bottom so it would suit my frame, and then kept the buttons unbuttoned so nothing pulled. This dress would look great with nude pumps and a red belt, or all buttoned up with little red flats. It has a lot of stretch in it so it really contours the body nicely, but isn't too tight that you can't move in it.

Check out Shabby Apple dresses for their Fall Collection. These are high quality dresses, so you aren't going to find clearance prices, but the dress styles are classic, modest, and made to last.

Dress - Shabby Apple
Pumps - JCPenney - $3
Gold earrings - vintage (inherited)
Scarf - hand-me-down
Bag - thrifted - $3
Watch - thrifted - $4
Cami - F21 - $2.50

8 comments:

  1. the dress looks fabulous on you! Nice alterations as well. I know you'll have fun playing with this great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute dress and great accessories!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty dress and scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dress and goes well with that color scarf. Oh and your hair is just fab!! Do you use hot rollers?? And also what kind of product do you use? I've been thinking of getting big hot rollers and trying them out. I really like big curls. Also your hair looks so healthy. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shabby apple dress! I checked out their site when you first mentioned it, and was very impressed with them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the dress is great, so cute and classic! Love Shabby Apple! Great alteration job and accessorizing as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog when I did a Google search for "Shabby Apple Anchor's Away" and I have to say...that dress looks FABULOUS on you. In fact, maybe Shabby Apple should hire you as their next model. ;)

    Your hair is gorgeous. That scarf is an awesome accessory...and it looks wonderful "unbuttoned."

    Quick question for you (and I totally understand if you don't want to answer it if it's too personal): what size did you get? It looks like you and I have similar figures and I'm trying to decide which size to choose...

    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! :)

    Have a great night,
    Stephanie

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa