12/20/2009

Cantata Practice and Family Christmas Party

So this is why I didn't take pics in front of the Christmas tree before...taking a photo right into a window isn't going to make the best pic. But since my outfit is for a Christmas party, I thought the tree would make me look more festive.
My outfit had to be casual enough for cantata/choir practice, but dressy enough for the family party...not to mention weatherproof (we've got quite a bit of snow today). I planned my entire outfit around these shoes. They are the perfect blend of practical, warm, and stylish (or at least for me), plus they give me an extra four inches, which I definitely need! My next choice would have been my suede knee high boots, but I always wear them and wanted to change it up.
My husband bought me these earrings in Washington, DC, for our first Christmas. I wish I could have taken a picture that showed how much they sparkle. I LOVE them!
And what could be more festive than red lips?
Shrug - Deb's - $7
Green satin top - Kohl's - $2
Jeans - Express - $9
Earrings - gifted
Leather clogs - thrifted - $4
Red lips - MAC - Russian Red - $14

5 comments:

  1. That green is YOUR color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! You look great! Makeup is amazing! That last picture reminds me of scenes from "Aviator" where Ava Gardner was all dressed up: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1463785472/tt0338751

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful outfit! ; )

    did you get your gift card? just want to make sure it made it this time and didn't come back again! I'm on vacay till the 4rth!

    happy holidays!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite outfit that you've posted in awhile. It looks fantastic on you! I especially love that shrug...and I'm always a fan of red lipstick (I wear it quite often). :)

    P.S. Your hair looks so pretty in these photos too.

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, one last thing - I agree with Lesa. Green is most definitely YOUR color.

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa