5/04/2010

Modest Swimwear

It's that time of year when most of us are out trying to find that perfect swimsuit for our summer vacation. The hardest part about swimsuit shopping for me, is that I tend to be very conservative, so trying to find a modest swimsuit can be a pretty tough job. Trying to find one that is flattering makes the search that much harder.

Now, I should point out that modesty is all relative. For me, modest means no midriff, cleavage, or an extremely high leg opening. I'm ok with spaghetti straps, bare shoulders, or skirt-less/short-less swimsuits.

I did some online searches and was pleased to find that there are numerous options available that fit my modesty requirements (now let's just hope these are flattering as well!).

For instance, these two suits are from Target. Each piece costs $19.99 or under.

I found this one at Macy's, but it is pretty pricey (I think it was $108).
I love this navy and white suit because I think it would be figure flattering on many body types. I found it at Dillard's, but it was definitely on the pricey side.
I'm loving girly ruffles on swimsuits, I just wish I had the figure for them. This yellow ruffled number would look great on a small bust, so it's not for me - but I though it was cute and modest.
Some fellow fashion bloggers have introduced me to Divine Modestee which offers several different designs of swimwear at a reasonable price.

Check out how cute this retro red checkered suit is from Dillards:

Downeast Basics is another online store that I think offers a great selection of modest swimwear. Two of my favorites of their suits are pictured below:


Another modest online swim shop is Lime Ricki Swimwear. They offer a great selection of suits at good prices, too.

Where do you shop for swimwear, and is modesty an issue for you? Or just quality and fit?

5 comments:

  1. I haven't bought any swimwear from Newport News yet, but I'm always tempted to for their affordable prices, and cute, modest styles. I don't have a go-to place for swim suit shopping. I have a few one-pieces from Gap Body, but that was from when I had my employee discount, but they have some modest options as well, and they're not outrageously priced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, thanks for directing me to Newport News - they had a great selection of modest suits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found my last suit for a great price at JCPenny. I don't normally shop there, but I was in a crunch last year and needed one fast. I got a great price, and it's very flattering. It's a tankini style and I think covers well.
    Because of my shape (pear) I have to try things on and I can never order from online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cristy - I found my last swimsuit at JCPenney too - I should have featured some JCPenney suits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Navy suit with the white belt and stripe down the middle is a REALLY nice one, it IS figure flattering, I'm a 16-18 depending on the cut and it looked fantastic on me! I found mine at the Toronto Exhibition (CNE) a few summers ago and it was $10. I always try to wait for that type of sale as you can always find the designer suits for really cheap there.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa