6/04/2010

Summer Hair Inspiration Part II

Following In Style's "Easy Summer Hair" guide, I tried the next hairdo they suggested.
Amy Smart's wild knot.
I started on wet hair and didn't use any product.
I made an off center part, braided the side pieces, and pinned them.
Then I took about 10 different sections of hair, twisted each section around a finger, and secured in place with brown bobby pins.
I pulled out a few tendrils around the face and didn't even use hairspray to finish it off.
All set and ready to go garage saling!

Outfit:
Top - thrifted - $2
Shorts - J.Crew (via Ebay) - $4
Wedges - Target - $6
Earrings - gifted
Bag - Helen Welsh - gifted

7 comments:

  1. OH, how pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore that hairstyle. I may attempt it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 04, 2010

    I love this hairstyle! Was it difficult?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous - no, it wasn't difficult because I allowed it to be messy and didn't care if pieces stuck out. My only problem with it was that I didn't use enough bobby pins to keep it in place for a whole day. It started to unravel as my hair dried about 5 hours later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 05, 2010

    Its adorable!!! It like one of my fav hair styles, I love messy up does with little braids here and there! Could you do it to me sometime, please sis??
    Li

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for giving the how-to on this. I always see it in the fashon mags and feabishly attempt to duplicate. Something about it looking un-done that I just can't seem to master. But you made it seem easy. Will attempt on myself this weekend and report back. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa