7/01/2010

Refashioning Vintage Clothing

I went to Goodwill over my lunchbreak and found some amazing finds. A genuine crocodile skin vintage bag for $2, two amazing pieces of wall art for under $8, a cute little top for $3, and this amazing vintage dress for $5!

I just fell in love with this dress. It is so romantic and feminine!
I tried to imagine myself wearing it as is out somewhere, but I just don't think I can pull it off.
So I took lots of pictures of it so I could remember how it was originally...

And then got scsissor happy...

I need to finish off the hem, so these jagged edges won't be here forever, but now I have a very unique vintage dress that is completely wearable for 2010!
Now I just need to find somewhere to wear this to.

11 comments:

  1. I am inspired! Wow. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 01, 2010

    Thats awesome!-Li

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea! I was looking at the original pictures thinking, What in the world!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how creative you are! I never would have thought you could transform that so drastically!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just totally amazed by this! Called my daughters in to see. Then we all started laughing about what ours would look like if we tried to do the same. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the changes you've made, you are brave and creative! Can't wait to see your bag. You had a productive Goodwill visit for shizzle.

    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
    Purseapalooza giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I am so impressed. I mean I always knew you were handy with scissors and a sewing machine, but wow! Impressive! I love the new look. Congratulations, job well done.

    But... I really want to see that handbag! What a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a "Pretty In Pink" transformation. You are a very talented seamstress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh goodness. I only wish and dream that I could be that crafty and domestic.

    What a perfect transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicely done! It looks great!

    I really do like your blog- you keep it classy without getting all stodgy.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa