7/02/2010

Outfit Post: Straightened hair, rebellious jeans, and trying-too-hard poses

I straightened my hair today. I've been growing it out for 8 months now, trying to achieve a long/straight/one-length look. My goal was to slowly start chopping off the layers to get it to one-length. But I already miss my wavy hair and am thinking I might go back to my old fuller hairstyle. What do you think?
I finally bought myself a pair of ripped jeans. They were forbidden to me all growing up while I lived with my parents, so I couldn't resist the temptation to buy them now just because I can. That, and they were only $8.
They are a classy pair of striaght leg ripped jeans I think--but I can already see my Mom rolling her eyes at me when she sees me tonight and finds out I actually paid for jeans she has in her trash can.

I get bored with posing for these outfit posts, and am always trying to figure out a more flattering pose that looks natural. This one below is a newest stance. Trust me, in my mind it looks way cooler. ha ha!

Look at all my bling!!

T-shirt - Gap - $3
Ripped jeans - Banana Republic - $8
Open toed/heeled leather booties - Target - $7
Silver hoop earrings - Target - $1
Bangles - thrifted - $2
Silver chain - antique store - $1
Three strand chain necklace - gifted
Chunky silver choker - thrifted - $2
Small silver chain - Kohll's - $.60

8 comments:

  1. hm. I like your hair very much, but it's not as soft a look as you typically wear. what does the hubby think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly - he doesn't see why I need to cut it, but he likes my hair natural (wavy) or with glamorous/big curls. I'll just have to explain to him that if he wants me to keep it fuller and wavy, I'll have to cut it. The longer my hair gets, the straighter it becomes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *LOVE* you like this, your hair and outfit both look awesome! Seriously, I wish I had this outfit on today, it's totally me! You look extra great in these pics imo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! You look like a rockstar. =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally rockin' outfit. I think I like your hair a little better all full and wavy, but it's nice to have a change sometimes, too, right? So do what makes you happy, Nic!

    Have fun tonight with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJuly 02, 2010

    Does your hair wave if you put some texturizer in it while it's damp and let it air dry? Have you tried any products that are supposed to give you "beach hair?"
    You always find the best deals! I've never found any $8 jeans at the Banana Republic close to me.

    Jenan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenan, yes, my hair has natural wave if I let it air dry - but it gets straighter the longer it gets, so if I want to keep it wavy, I will need to get it trimmed a little.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is so soft and casual and pretty. The ripped jeans give it an edgy look but the pink top softens it up. I love all the bling too!

    What a great mom-on-the-go ensemble!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa