7/03/2010

Vintage Crocodile Skin Bag

This is the bag I was telling you about from Goodwill. I was attracted to it before I read the inscription inside which says...
"Genuine Crocodile Skin." If you look real closely in the picture below, you will see it. It is written in gold, so it is lost against the light. I don't know if I can believe that it is real, but considering how old it is, maybe it is real. For $2, it was worth it to me even if it wasn't real.
This is not the outfit I would wear with this bag, but just so you can see the size of the bag in comparison to me, I took the shot.

Does anyone know how to tell if a bag is genuine crocodile skin? Should I just believe the tag and not be so cynical?

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if it's real croc or not but the bag is gorgeous! What a score.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 03, 2010

    Not sure how you can tell if it's genuine, but for $2 it's a great deal no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! And I want one!

    Here is a link I found that offers suggestions to know if it is real crocodile.

    http://www.ehow.com/how_5531347_tell-handbag-genuine-crocodile.html

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa