9/01/2010

Another Announcement

I have one more announcement today...

Baby #2 is on the way! We finally decided to tell our son about the news a couple of weeks ago, and he hasn't stopped spreading the news since! The picture I'm holding up is the picture he drew of the "baby in mommy's tummy."
Needless to say, I've been sick with more than just a stomach virus these days. I feel ok for a few hours in the morning, but by the afternoon the morning sickness comes in full force, and by about 4PM, I'm in bed (or on the couch). Pathetic, I know. But definitely for a good cause!

Some of you may remember my posting about the miscarriage we had in early March. Well, we are so blessed to be expecting again and now due in March! We are praying that we keep this baby to full term. So far, the symptoms are showing that this baby is here to stay, and we are really excited!

I'm at 10 weeks now, and am looking forward to when the morning sickness subsides. In the meantime, I won't be posting too much due to how sick I am.

This picture below just proves how sick I've been feeling...while working at my desk in a sick stupor, I allowed my son to paint my toenails with every color of nail polish I had. Thankfully I was aware enough to suggest paper towels under my feet, because sure enough, nail polish paint got everywhere (as evidenced by what you see on my feet!). I have to say, though, it was very relaxing and was exactly what I needed to get me through that last hour or so of work!

I'm so grateful I work from home. I don't know how I worked from the office when I was pregnant with my first. It is so hard to get up and get dressed, and then deal with people all day in a professional way when you feel like you have the flu 24/7!

I'm looking forward to styling my baby bump as soon as it appears, so I will be taking a lot more outfit shots during my second and beginning of my third trimester. I imagine I won't feel like posting much towards the end of the pregnancy, but I will definitely try!

17 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, congratulations!!! That's fantastic! I'm so excited for you!

    How great that you're able to work from home. I desperately wish that I could find a job that would allow me to do that. I'd love to work from home to be with my daughter and eventually be able to homeschool her too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omigoodness - I knew it! I was wondering when, and I'm SO happy for you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Praying Gods wonderful blessings over your new baby and for a healthy mama too!! :)

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Nic! I hope you´ll feel a little better soon as the tummy grows. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As we say in the Jewish tradition, b'shaa tova (it should be in good time!) I am so happy for you, and hope this pregnancy will help you to heal from your last. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! Can't wait to see your pregnancy outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you. I hope you're feeling up to par soon, and I can't wait to see the baby bump outfits!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. roflol about the toenails! Congrats! Babies are a wonderful blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations! it's funny, i feel like for the past month i have been expecting this post. glow?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Your toenails put a big smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! Love your outfits - you are so creative! Best wishes for a easy pregnancy and a healthy baby and mom!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! Feel better, mom! i can't wait to see your spin on belly bump fashion!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!
    All the best for you and the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! How exciting for you and your (growing!) family. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know I'm so excited for you guys! Love how excited CJ is too!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa