10/05/2010

Outfit Post: Another dress refashioned

My mother-in-law bought this dress below from the Simply Vera collection at Kohl's a while back on clearance. It didn't work for her so she gave it to me. I'm so glad she did!
I took the sash off, and then split the train in the back to create a sash that would tie in front. I raised the straps and the hem (it was mid-calf length before), and voila! I have a fab dress that should work through most of my pregnancy as well!
The necklace I'm wearing I made myself. It normally is longer, but I knotted the center so it would hit at just the right spot for the dress.
I thought the boots and cream colored necklace make the dress look ready for fall, even with the bone colored suitcoat. And I know for sure it will work great for spring - I'll just wear sandals with it!

Dress - Simply Vera - gifted
Boots - Jessica Simpson - gifted
Jacket - Ann Taylor - $29
Necklace - made myself (beads were gifted)
Bag - Vintage - $2
Venetian glass earrings - gifted

4 comments:

  1. WAY TO GO HOT MAMA! this is truly great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, what a beautiful dress! You did a lovely job altering it to fit- I wish I could have a dress EXACTLY LIKE THAT ONE! It is perfection!!! And you look like dynamite, as always ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE what you did with this dress. I love the outfit. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous! love what you did with your hair and the blazer with boots is soooo chic.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa