12/17/2010

Never an excuse not to workout

During the winter season, when the temperature ranges from 0-32 degrees here in Northwest Ohio, I don't try to brave the cold winds by running or walking outside. I also don't like to waste money on a gym membership when I'm perfectly capable of motivating myself to workout in my own living room.







Recently, my husband and I started paying for cable again, and I've been taking advantage of FitTV, as well as Exercise TV on the On Demand station. I have two 5-pound weights that I use, and I do a new 20-50 minute TV workout right in my living room on every week day. My son usually tries to join me, or he plays with his toys nearby. It's not quite the 3-8 miles of running I was doing in my first trimester, but it gets my heart rate up, and makes me feel like I've accomplished something to prepare me for this labor and delivery. Plus, it's almost free (outside of the cable bill).







My newest discovery, though, are all the free workouts out there on the internet. This one is my current favorite. Anymore, I do so many different workouts, I could pretty much create a 30 minute routine on my very own incorporating all the moves I've learned from yoga, pilates, kickboxing, interval cardio, strength training, and aerobics.






The bottom line is...no matter what the weather, your situation, or your budget, there really is no excuse not to workout. You don't need a Wii, you don't need a gym membership, you don't need a babysitter for your kids, you don't need good weather, you don't need a treadmill or an eliptical...all you need is some drive and determination.








So get out of your chair, click on the workout link above, and work up a sweat for 20 minutes in preparation for all those Christmas goodies you'll be eating throughout the holidays!


YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE!

(Just a friendly reminder from the gals at Domestic Sophisticate) :-)

1 comment:

  1. Good post. I especially like the pics you chose. I think it's easy to forget you can still work-out and even do light pilates and yoga when you are pregnant. Thanks for reminding us all it IS possible and there is no excuse. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa