1/05/2011

Outfit Post: Yellow

I'm really feeling the third trimester pangs...and it's only just begun! No more sleep, and yet never able to stay fully awake, consistent back pain, and the swelling has started. Thankfully my shoes and my rings still fit, so I'm not complaining, just stating the facts, since after all, this is nothing compared to last time! I just wish there was some kind of trick to staying small throughout a pregnancy so I could figure it out, sell it and make millions, and then implement it myself to avoid some of this discomfort.
And to think I still have three more months of growing!
That being said, there are some good things happening too - my hair is very shiny and healthy (although it is now getting straighter as it gets healthier and sometimes I miss my voluminous sort of wavy hair), my fingernails are so strong and long, and my skin is the best it's ever been.
I'm just going to have to remember to wear more scarves...which bring more attention to my healthy skin and hair and distracts from my ever growing middle! Or is supposed to distract, at least. ha!
Top - Simply Vera Vera Wang - hand-me-down
Scarf - thrifted - $.25
Yellow hoop earrings - B.B. Pepper - $.50
Skinny saturated jeans - Gap Maternity - $6
Yellow patent leather flats - Dillard's - gifted
Blue patent leather bag - Coach - gifted

5 comments:

  1. My suggestion is to go swimming, either by yourself, or as a family so your hubby can watch your little guy. The buoyancy of the water does an aching, heavy pregnant body a WORLD of good. My third was due in Sept, and I was HUGE (not good for the self esteem when you outgrow XL maternity tops and your reg size is M). Since it was summer we went swimming almost every day, and I felt better in the water than anywhere else.

    So that's my advice (fwiw). Find a swimming suit & hit the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good - hang in there!
    Have you discovered belly bands yet? I liked how they felt supportive and made me feel a little cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good - hang in there!
    Have you discovered belly bands yet? I liked how they felt supportive and made me feel a little cuter. Useful after pregnancy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Genuine Lustre - yes, I've discovered belly bands - in fact, I've blogged about them a lot!

    @Christine - I have a swim suit, but have found that swimming makes the morning sickness pretty bad for me. Something about the sloshing of the water against my already nauseated stomach! But my mom always found swimming to help her aches and pains too. Oh well. But thanks, though!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa