3/01/2011

Product Review: Maybelline Falsies Mascara

I usually wear CoverGirl mascara, but recently decided I'd try out Maybelline's Falsies mascara, just to try something different. I figured I'd let you all know what I thought about it...

At first I was horrified! It is a lot messier than Cover Girl's, so it took me forever to apply it properly and then clean up all the smudges later. It also tends to clump, so I had to brush it out a few times to keep my eyelashes from looking like little spider legs! Washing it off is just as messy as putting it on and then some. It took quite a while to get all the mascara out, and a Q-tip with moisturizer was still needed afterwards to get the last few smudges.

Now that I've used it for a week, I'm noticing some benefits. I truly have not seen my eyelashes look this full and long in quite a while. And the best benefit is that my eyes have been watering with all the other mascaras I've used in the past (L'Oreal, Cover Girl, Mary Kay, a natural kind by Sephora, Clinique, Dior, etc.)...and so far, my eyes have not burned or watered once with this mascara.

For around $5-6, this is a great mascara for dramatic evening looks. I think I'd still like to find something else that is not as messy to apply for an everyday mascara.

Any recommendations?

9 comments:

  1. I have recently tried it as well and felt the same as you - at first I did NOT like it, but over time it really has grown on me. I switched to Smashbox and it really is great at wiggling inbetween lashes for fullness and no spider lashes, but it doesn't give crazy length like Falsies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out Smashbox - thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite lately has been MAC's Opulash. The brush is nice and big but doesn't grab too much of the mascara at once. Doesn't take too much working to make it look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like something very subtle during regular weekdays, which can sometimes be hard to find. I've been using Maybelline's Full N' Soft line with great results. It provides just enough color and definition to feel finished, but not heavy or dramatic for daytime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Maybelline's Lash Stilettos - it really seems to make my lashes look longer and doesn't clump.

    You look amazingly good while pregnant, by the way. I am SO impressed at how you are blogging the whole way through your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt the same way as you - so clumpy and seems thinner than Cover Girl. But my lashes do look loooong when I have it on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great suggestions - can't wait to try out some more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. After trying nearly everything else, I've gone back to basics with Maybelline Full and Soft. It gets great ratings on Makeup Alley too. These new super mascaras seem to flake off me during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Try OrganicWear Mascara from Physician's Formula. You can find it at drug stores and I love it! It has a really nice wand and doesn't clump or flake and it stays on all day.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa