4/04/2011

Lady In Waiting - 41 Weeks Today!

I've now had 4 episodes of what I like to call false labor. I call it false labor because I get contractions, shakes, nausea (and other things that I won't mention on here) for several hours. The contractions come 2 to 5 minutes apart and are very consistent. One was when I was almost 38 weeks for just two hours, another at 39 for about two hours again. My last two episodes were this week. One two nights ago for 6 hours and last night it lasted all night long and to the point where they got longer and closer together as the night wore on. Thankfully, I know enough about labor from my first (even though it was pitocin induced two weeks early and ended in a c-section),  that I didn't call my midwife yet on each of these occasions. Two nights ago, however, I thought that since I was this far along, something might actually happen and I called my Mom. We both agreed that even if it was another false labor episode, it would be nice to have Mom around to distract me and be ready for when labor actually does come. So she made the three hour drive out with my 11 year old brother late on Saturday night (got here a little after midnight), and has been doting on me ever since! I LOVE my Mom!

So even though last night was rough, and I'm now feeling too sore and exhausted for real labor to happen anytime soon, at least I get my Mom and little brother around to have fun with! I have my midwife appointment today and then we'll get some shopping done afterwards.

9 comments:

  1. You look amazing!

    I'm so glad your mom can be there with you at this exciting time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. false labor means it's getting closer....but so does the 41 week marker ;) So glad your mom is there with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! I didn't deliver my second daughter until about 41 weeks. Enjoy the time with your mom and little brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS LADY IN WAITING!!!!!! I LOVE THIS OUTFIT!!!! YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Tamara, Laniza, and Mary: Thank you! I am so grateful my Mom is close enough to come out and stay with me! It is making this time of waiting fun!

    @Jessica - Yep, she's coming soon! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear that! I thought I was going into labor last night...But it was false, I'm with you though, I'm too tired to deal with labor right now ;)

    Here's to a quick and easy birth for the both of us :D

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your baby comes really soon! You must be exhausted.

    Thanks so much for your guest post, you have a great personal style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Imogen - I'm definitely ready for this baby to come out!

    Thanks so much for letting me guest post! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa