2/29/2012

On the Hunt for Walking Sandals

Why can't comfort and style go hand in hand? I see it advertised everywhere, but I'm not a believer. I'm looking for a flat sandal that I can walk in for 8 hours when I go to vacation in Europe this year.

My criteria is no thong. Stylish. Slimming. Can be worn with shorts or dresses. Brown. Genuine leather. And under $50. Preferrably under $30. The first three are my favorites, but they are over my budget, and don't look like they would be very comfortable.







I have this last pair ordered and on their way. They are Patagonia's, which are known for their comfort and durability. My only concern is that there is no ankle strap. Will that flapping on the back get to me after hours of walking?

5 comments:

  1. I have these exact ones that I wear everywhere! Mine are almost 3 years old and still look nearly brand new, give great arch support and are very reasonably priced. If you are going to be walking 8 hours I would suggest a slight heel so you don't have arch pain.

    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Earth-Spirit-Women-s-Juniper-Sling-Back-Sandals/17327146

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which exact ones do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naots are FABULOUS and more stylish than what you posted. My all-time favs, the "rosemary" in golden mocha, which is a beautiful copper that goes with every outfit I've ever owned. Worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about these: http://www.amazon.com/Teva-Ventura-Cork-Wedge-Leather/dp/B002FGUJOE/ref=pd_sbs_shoe_3 ? or the flat version: http://www.amazon.com/Teva-Womens-Ventura-Leather-Sandal/dp/B002FGUKH0/ref=pd_sbs_shoe_2 ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ione.Virtual, I reread your comment and get now that you meant the sandals you have were the ones in the link, not one of the ones I posted. Not a fan of the style of Earth Spirit, but thanks for the suggestion!

    @PamelaTrounstine, I did look at Naots, they are outside of my budget.

    @Nataliya: I saw the Teva sandals, and dislike the flat ones, only the wedge ones...and I'm specifically looking for flats. I have a few more pairs ordered and on their way and will post my find if I like them.

    Keep the suggestions coming - I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa