3/09/2012

From Playdate to Girl's Date

Let's face it. My day to night looks aren't going to be what you see in the fashion magazines. My night outs don't require cocktail dresses or shoes that are great for dancing. For me, a big night out is a casual dinner out with friends, or a family birthday party or church event. So it doesn't take much to transition from day to night. Nevertheless, I still try to do a little something extra. This is my typical day to night look.

My day started out with a playdate with two other moms, so I needed to be in something that was put together, but practical. Jeans and flats are trustworthy staples.

 I added a touch of style with this vintage necklace I got for my birthday.
 Tonight I'm going out with the girls for a bridesmaid dress fitting. I needed to wear my tallest heels since the dress is long. The heels, scarf, and belt added just enough to make it night worthy.

 The scarf is a thrift find I got for a quarter. The jacket is DKNY and was thrifted for a few dollars.
 The heels are my big splurge. I bought them with some birthday money - Steve Madden's for $30.
Shirt is Banana Republic that I thrifted for $3 and the jeans are J.Brands that were given to me. 

3 comments:

  1. Both looks are great for their respective purposes. I love that you can tie a scarf like that and *not* look like a flight attendant; I haven't managed to learn that yet. The pumps are faaaabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The day look is adorable, and your night out shopping look is FABULOUS! Those heels were totally worth it, they really take that jacket/belt combo over the top and make it even more fantastic! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look!! Both cure and stunning! I also like how your heels match your jacket!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa