5/04/2012

Beachy Hair

I rarely blow dry, curl, or straighten my hair. I prefer the au naturale look most of the time, and thankfully I have pretty easy going hair that doesn't usually have to be styled to look ok. In the summer, though, I love to add a bit of product to my air dried hair. I use salt sprays to achieve a beachy hair look. I've used all kinds of products in the past, but my favorite is the stuff I make myself.
I add a teaspoon or more of sea salt to a spray bottle filled with warm water, a dab of conditioner (or this time around I used melted coconut oil) and then sprayed it generously in my hair. Using my homemade product achieves the look I have below.



When I'm going for the beachy hair look, I shampoo my hair only twice a week. The saltwater dries out my hair, so all I do is rinse it lightly with water in the shower and then let it air dry half way before spraying it with the saltwater. If my hair ends up too greasy, I just use dry shampoo, and if it gets too dry, I will skip the shampoo and just add conditioner to the ends. 

I love easy, breezy, beachy hair for the summer!

1 comment:

  1. I have been following your blog since 2008 or so and this is probably going to be the last week I do. There has been inconsistencies in the past before but now it seems obvious when you do the product reviews with all the blow dryers, curling irons and wands, straighteners and say you use them all the time and then promote your own product saying you RARELY use them......well I am sure you see my point. I follow your blog for the hairstyles, not the clothes, and can say visually about 95% of them you have used some type of product. And there is quite a few posts of you promoting a product, answering a question how you use it (hot rollers seems to come up alot) or just describe what you have done with your hair during the post (but not labeled) This goes directly in opposition to what you said today. So now I wonder did you forget what you have said so very, very often in the past or are you just giving positive promotions to things given to you for free?

    You have some beautiful children, gorgeous hair, and I love your outfits but the inconsistencies are horrible.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa