7/31/2012

Outfit Post: Better to be overdressed


Lately I've been saying a lot that it is better to be over dressed than under dressed. Today I felt like covering my legs, but didn't want to wear something heavy like jeans due to how hot it was. I chose the outfit above, but when I showed up at a family gathering I was asked why I was dressed so formally. Made me wonder if my motto really should be my motto. I thought a maxi skirt was a casual look if paired with a casual shoe and a casual top.

I wish I could get it exactly right every time.

Top - Banana Republic - thrifted $3
Skirt - Gap - $9
Wedges - Nine West - gifted
Bangles - gifted
Shell earrings - Target - $1

4 comments:

  1. right or wrong this look is fabulous!! I love the maxi skirt on you!!!! And the color is fabulous! I say "better be overdressed" any day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the outfit is great. I don't think it looks too formal; I think it is quite casual, but still polished and put together.

    I just can't totally embrace the current culture of dressing down. I always feel sloppy if I go super casual.

    I like your motto..and you know it what works for you.

    You look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous and I love your motto! I love that outfit, you look so tall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabulous and I love your motto! That outfit looks wonderful, you look so tall! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa