7/15/2012

Outfit Post: Chambray and Plaid



My husband was with me when I found this skirt and insisted that I needed to get it. I was shocked. I didn't find the plaid to be very flattering, and wasn't sure what I would wear with it. For his sake, I bought it, but it has been sitting in my closet for months. Since I've worn a dress almost everyday this summer, I thought it was time to try something else and digged out my skirts. It took me a while to pick out what to wear with the skirt, but I'm very pleased with the result and am now happy I bought the skirt.

I watched Marilyn Monroe's Niagara this week, and feel very Marilyn in my pencil skirt that hits just below the knee with my t-strap pumps. The casual chambray shirt makes this ensemble a little more 2012, so I don't feel too old fashioned.

And I'm definitely on a roll here. Yesterday I used a curling iron and today I actually blow dried my hair (haven't done that in a year or more) and straightened it. Thought I'd show off the new cut a bit.

Skirt - Goodwill - $2.50
Shirt - Gap from Goodwill - $3.25
T-strap pumps - Aerosoles - $20
Earrings - Target - gifted
Belt - Gap - $24.50 (bought 8 years ago)