7/15/2012

Outfit Post: Chambray and Plaid



My husband was with me when I found this skirt and insisted that I needed to get it. I was shocked. I didn't find the plaid to be very flattering, and wasn't sure what I would wear with it. For his sake, I bought it, but it has been sitting in my closet for months. Since I've worn a dress almost everyday this summer, I thought it was time to try something else and digged out my skirts. It took me a while to pick out what to wear with the skirt, but I'm very pleased with the result and am now happy I bought the skirt.

I watched Marilyn Monroe's Niagara this week, and feel very Marilyn in my pencil skirt that hits just below the knee with my t-strap pumps. The casual chambray shirt makes this ensemble a little more 2012, so I don't feel too old fashioned.

And I'm definitely on a roll here. Yesterday I used a curling iron and today I actually blow dried my hair (haven't done that in a year or more) and straightened it. Thought I'd show off the new cut a bit.

Skirt - Goodwill - $2.50
Shirt - Gap from Goodwill - $3.25
T-strap pumps - Aerosoles - $20
Earrings - Target - gifted
Belt - Gap - $24.50 (bought 8 years ago)

3 comments:

  1. I'm really loving the look! Good pairing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very pretty outfit. I think its a perfect pairing. Don't you just love Goodwill treasures? My husband is also very encouraging when it comes to thrift shopping....not so much when it's retail shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, yes, the "hunt" at Goodwill is always fun! My favorite Goodwill is less than a mile from my house, so I'm completely spoiled!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa