8/24/2012

Asymmetrical and Gold Thread

This dress was pretty easy to alter. This fabric felt like a stiff chiffon and was surprisingly very easy to work with. I decided to do an asymmetrical hem to follow the line of the empire waist which scoops low in the back. My big mistake was that I didn't measure the hem length while wearing the dress. I just eyeballed it. The front of this dress came out quite a bit shorter than I had hoped.
 After hemming both layers, I cut off the arms and stitched the edges under to leave a clean seam in front.
 I LOVE the way the back of this dress turned out! So fun and flirty!
 I think the asymmetrical hem brings this dress totally up to date, but the dress is still completely one of a kind!
 I love having this dress in my vintage collection and my husband thinks it's great. Now to find an event to wear this to! 
 What do you think about the dress makeover? Would you wear this?

3 comments:

  1. STUNNING! I would totally wear this dress. I am so jealous of your sewing skills!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you like it! I wasn't sure what reaction I would get on this so I feel better now! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, SO pretty! I'm very impressed and think the length looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa