9/16/2012

American in Paris

Found this dress the other day on the racks at Goodwill and was sure after I tried it on that I wouldn't like it. But the vertical stripes, plus fit and flare style spoke to me. Once on, I actually really loved it. The top part of the dress is ribbed with boning to give it a corset fit on top. I love how the print gives it the feel of a drop waist, which elongates my very short torso.
 
I wore it for church today and started out just wearing the neck scarf with it.
Before I left the house, I decided I felt a little too bare for church, so I pulled the scarf in front to cover my chest.

 But then I noticed the low scoop back and decided a sweater would be good too.
 Any time I see a fit and flare dress with vertical stripes, I think of American in Paris. Adore that movie.
Dress Goodwill for $5, Shoes Steve Madden gifted, Sweater thrifted for $4, Scarf thrifted for a dime.

4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely dress, that looks wonderful with the scarf and cardi. You are the most amazing second-hand shopper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great dress and I love how you paired it with the scarf, shoes and cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fantastic dress. You paired it well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with all above comments, such a fun dress! And now I want to go watch American in Paris!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa