9/10/2013

An Outfit and Some Ramblings

 
I was sick with a bad cold all week last week and it culminated into what I thought might be a flu by the weekend. I stayed home most of the weekend pouting and feeling miserable. My only solace was to try to accomplish little projects around the house in between moping on the couch. By Sunday evening I had given up on expecting my husband to help me put up a new shelf in the school room until I heard a loud crash. Apparently, while I was making dinner, my husband was in the school room up on a ladder, lifting the large wooden bookshelf over our built-in bookcases. While maneuvering on the ladder, his ankle twisted and he found himself dropping the shelf on his head (corner first), and falling off the ladder.
 
When I found him he looked like he could have a possible concussion, and at the very least had sprained his ankle.
 
Great start to a new week, right?
 
The doctor confirmed he had a concussion and at least a sprained ankle, which is currently too swollen to determine whether there are any fractures yet. We'll find that out tomorrow.
 
I spent Sunday night even more upset about my circumstances and nervous for my husband who was at the ER. Instead of being that concerned for him, though, I was more concerned about how I was going to take care of my two children, myself with this virus, and a crippled husband.
 
Even though my heart wasn't right, God was there and gave me the verse I needed to get through: "He who finds his life will lose it, but he who loses his life for my sake will find it." -Matthew 10:39
 
Monday was a great day. Not only did God give me the grace I needed to get through the day and all it's unexpected incidences, but He also gave me a joy. How could I pout over this opportunity to give up my needs for the needs of others when that is what life should be all about?
 
It is my privilege and honor to be in this position of serving my family in this way.
 
Bonus, I got to have my husband here with me both yesterday and today, and will get him for most of tomorrow morning, too! I love it when he's at home on a weekday!
 
-----------------------------------
 
I'm feeling much better today - just some congestion and a sinus headache, so I'm actually caring about what I wear today.
 
Top - Gap - hand-me-down
Necklace - Charming Charlie's - $2
Skirt - Target - $5
Flip flops - Zulily - $3
Arm candy - gifted and hand-me-down

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa