5/29/2014

Dressed Up Shorts











I've had a cold for over a week now. It's really starting to get old. Everything seems so much harder when you can't breathe and your temples are about to burst. My life feels very disorganized right now and everything seems to be spiraling out of control. My house is a mess, my yard is only half mowed (long story), the seedlings we started died after I planted them in my garden (another long story), my children need more attention, and my pile of projects to complete keeps getting bigger. At least I have one thing accomplished. CJ finished first grade.

I'm so proud of him for bearing with me this year and having so much enthusiasm for learning. I love my boy. I love that he cherishes any one on one time he can get with me and that so far he hasn't tired of me. We have a lot ahead of us, but we've made a step in the right direction.

Now on to this outfit. Isn't it fun? I love the tuxedo stripe on the shorts. I bought these shorts on clearance at Target while I was very pregnant with Capri. I'm so thrilled I can fit into them for this summer. Wearing it with the jacket and heels made it look dressed up and polished for a date night with my man, but it looked just as good without the jacket and a pair of flats for around the house with the kids.

Jacket - thrifted - $3
Shorts - Target - $4
T-shirt - Express - $6
Heels - Anne Klein via DSW - $3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa