5/05/2014

West Side Story


Found this dress at a local thrift store. Almost immediately I saw its potential. Who wouldn't like to wear all this bling? I just needed to bring it up to date . . .


First, it needed hemmed up a bit so I just cut off the bottom layer of the dress.


Next, I tore off the sleeves.


Then I tore off the shoulder pads, raised the shoulder seam a tad, and tacked the armhole seam under around the shoulders.


The only thing missing was an event to wear it to.


Right in time, some dear friends offered us greatly discounted tickets to see West Side Story.


I might have been slightly overdressed, but it was an awesome night out, and I got to enjoy one of my favorite musicals ever LIVE in really amazing seats at a fraction of their cost!


I think my Friday night out with my man in this snazzy dress made me completely forget about losing my catalytic converter last week. Oh wait, I just remembered.

Dress thrifted and refashioned by me - $8
Pumps - Sam & Libby for Target - $12
Blazer - Goodwill - $3
Clutch - Goodwill - $2
Earrings - hand-me-down



Happy Monday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. love what you did to the dress! and that's my favorite musical :D

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa