6/04/2014

My Two Favorite Foods - Dark Chocolate and Raspberries


As a chocolate addict, I'm always looking for ways to curb my cravings, and or indulge without the high price of calories and unhealthy fats. I've been meaning to try the avocado chocolate mousse recipe that's been all over Pinterest for forever, but only last night finally got around to it.

I didn't even follow the directions exactly or even blend it very well (do you see that tiny spot of avocado to the left of the photo below?) and yet it was still so rich and creamy! Definitely hit the spot!


There are plenty of variations of this recipe out there already. I patterned mine after (this) one.


Here is my altered version of the recipe in the link above:

1 ripe avocado
1 over ripe, freezer burned banana zapped for 20 seconds in the microwave (hey, it was all I had on hand)
4 heaping Ts of raw organic cacao powder
4 T maple syrup
3 T extra virgin organic coconut oil
1 pinch of redmond real salt

Blended it all in a blender, refrigerated it for 10 minutes, and ate with a heaping portion of fresh raspberries. If you haven't tried this already, you really should!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa