8/04/2014

Minimalism

I had a personal goal of trying to make a mini adventure out of each summer weekend in the few weekends we have left. I had hoped we could rent a canoe and go paddling down our river this past Saturday, but rain and practical things like getting groceries got in my way. Friday, however, we did make it to both a friend's pond, and a relative's pond (all in one day, mind you). I have some pictures to post from that. Maybe not as adventurous as renting a canoe for the river, but just as eventful and enjoyable.


Saturday was spent running errands and shopping. Running errands with three kids always turns into a day long ordeal. It was fun, but took up every inch of the day. I came home with a new iPhone 5s, a laptop cover, a Ninja blender, groceries, new dress shoes for Chris, and a new basketball for CJ.





I've been wanting to try the white on white look all summer long, but just couldn't find the right day for it. As a mom of three, you really have to pick and choose which day you can survive an all white outfit. I chose to wear it on a trip out to a local historical village/museum with a friend. For the record, I made it all day with nary a stain. A feat that I don't take lightly. Perhaps I might dare to wear all white again.

It was a cool day with a cool breeze, so the booties made perfect sense, another trend I've been wanting to try (booties in the summer). Of course the black boots needed a black purse and black cuff bracelet to balance it out.

Now I'm itching to try out a panama hat. I tried one on at Target this past weekend and fell in love. It was full price, though. I'm snatching it up as soon as it goes on clearance.

Jeans - Gap - 58 cents (got them on clearance, plus 40% off the clearance price, plus used a $10 reward)
Booties - DSW - $27
White t-shirt - Everlane - $15
Cuff bracelet and Bulova watch - gifted
Black leather bag - thrifted for $3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa