9/24/2017

Kitchen Updates and a House Tour

We've cranked up the house projects in the past couple of weeks and I'm so excited with the latest accomplishments!

We finally have a sealed cement countertop on our island so our sink and counter is fully usable! 


But perhaps even more exciting is the fact that we have most of the cabinet boxes in so I can finally unpack kitchen items! No wonder I've hated cooking more than usual these past 6 months!


And I can't tell you how nice it is to finally have a kitchen floor! No more plywood covered in sheetrock dust!


My makeshift coffee bar is so great. We had our coffee maker on top of our microwave that was sitting on two upside down buckets before. This is a huge upgrade!


This wall will one day have open shelving on either side of the microwave, and the microwave will be flanked by two narrow wall cabinets. We're also going to put carrera marble subway tile in a herringbone pattern on this wall up to the ceiling. It's going to look A.Mazing! Note, the cabinets still need their face frames and doors, which will all be white.


Space saving storage hacks from IKEA are already making my kitchen so easy to clean and use!


I LOVE my broom cabinet!


I wasn't sure if the open floor plan would be for me, but so far I adore it! I can even turn the TV towards me while I cook and see the kids outside while I watch TV and cook. It's so great!



Finally got my guitar hung. I still haven't finished styling this space - I don't like the white wall behind the white piano, so this wall may become black at some point.


I'm using our old hand-me-down buffet as a console table behind the sofa, but I plan to build a console table with some old rough hewn oak pieces I found in our barn. I plan to varnish the rough hewn piece and attach hairpin legs to it. In the meantime, this buffet will have to work.


Charity has destroyed all of plants I planted in our yard, but I was able to scrounge up some weeds in our field to decorate my Fall wreath with. :-)


We still need trim, paint, and curtains in our family room, but I already love it even though it isn't even finished!


I was desperate for a work space, so I created this makeshift desk in my bedroom for now. I plan to build a desk with copper piping and get a lucite desk chair that I'll put a faux fur on for comfort and texture. Can you picture it?


Our master bathroom and closet is pretty rough right now, but here's a sneak peak:


I seem to say this every time, but we sure do have a long way to go yet, but it's fun to see these latest projects start to take shape. Pretty soon this reno will just be a distant memory. I'm looking forward to that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa