9/24/2017

Summer's Gone

Somehow August flew by before I even noticed it was there. August was full of everything you wish for in a summer. Long afternoons in the pond, the smell of fresh cut grass while sweat is stinging your eyes, rides at the county fair, pool and pond water caressing ginger sunburns, gazing at sunsets on the front porch with a glass of iced tea, sleepovers, camping trips, beach days, summer vacations, and lots of family get togethers.

 Aunt Brandi and Uncle Danny came to visit the farm for the first time. We're pretty sure they had a good time and will come back. Next time we won't let them leave. :-) 



 The girls started gymnastics along with their cousin Chloe and they think they're the coolest ever, which is good, because they are.


 The kids got to take several trips to the fair with generous grandparents and aunts who were willing to brave the hot sun and wait for them to take ride after ride!

 Country life suits the kids well. They are outside all the time creating and exploring. CJ even created his own drum set with old buckets and Cassi and Capri keep finding new pets to bring home. 


 An errand to Sandusky meant a day trip to Lake Erie beach where we enjoyed the cool water and hot sand.

 Ceci was so excited to fly to Florida. Even though this was not her first flight, it's her first since she turned two and she is a great little traveler!

 We made it to Naples before Irma hit and couldn't get enough of the beach or our cousins!


We stayed at my sister, Missi's house and I got some great sister time in on top of a beach vacation while we were in Naples!

 Walking the streets of Naples with this stud wasn't so bad.

Also got to spend some time with my other sis, Marissa and my brother Tony while I was in Naples. Best vacation spot ever!

Irma hit Naples a week after we left. My sister and her family evacuated, but my brother stayed behind while his wife (Marissa) and their kids evacuated with her mom and sister. Fortunately, all of our family was safe and both of their properties had minimal damage, although they were without power for a couple of weeks. Naples is still recovering from the damage, but most of the power and water restrictions have been lifted. So grateful that my family was unharmed!

As for house projects, we really only accomplished one big project. We poured our 4.5' x 7' foot island with the help of great friends.






And just like that, August was gone.

It can be tough trying to figure out how to live in this house while we work on projects, trying to figure out where things will go until the projects are done. But things keep getting better as we inch towards the finish line and get more and more done. And every sunset and sunrise I see over our pond or through my windows inspires me and motivates me to make things work even when I don't have a kitchen sink. This house is truly going to be our dream house and I couldn't be happier with how it is turning out! Our little piece of land and corner of Ohio is the perfect oasis for our little family.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa