11/10/2018

Welcome to My Office

This desk is now the third piece of furniture that Chris has built from scratch for me. The first being our first bed, the second is our TV cabinet, and now this desk. Coming soon will be our dining room table and I CANNOT WAIT!

We ordered the copper legs on Amazon here and the walnut top was built with the scraps of rough hewn walnut that was left in our barn when we purchased the farm. I love the copper legs that match with some of the other copper accents in our room, including our copper sputnik light. But most of all, I love that the desk is a piece of history from our home (or at least our barn). 


I found the navy velvet swivel stool from Marshalls, as well as the pin board, stapler, and box. The metal magazine file, the navy chalkboard, copper calendar, copper clock, and letter holder are all from Target.






I tried to get a wider angle of the room, but I lost my 18-55 lens and only have my telephoto lens now, so this is the best I could get, but next to the desk is our bed, and in front of our bed is a little seating area which is perfect for the kids to sit there when they need to ask me questions while I work. Or sometimes they just bring their school to my desk and do their work right next to me while I'm doing mine since the desk is so big!







My seating area isn't exactly finished yet, but this little arrangement is working well for now. These chairs I found at Goodwill for only $8. The black frame of the chairs are actually walnut, so eventually I'll scrape the paint off and then sand and stain the chairs to match the desk. I love the copper-colored velvet roses on the upholstery!

And it looks like I found a place for old blue boy for now. ;-) 


Hope you enjoyed my "office" tour. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa