7/13/2019

Cecily's 4th Birthday

My baby . . . my last baby, turned 4 last week. Bright blonde hair, charm in spades, and deep blue eyes that just kill me every time. She has spent the last six months dreaming about her birthday. Her expectations for the day were so high that they could never be met and she spent most of the day being grumpy or demanding something that she felt she deserved. But it was only that day. Her daddy put her to bed that night and talked to her about her attitude and she regretted her behavior so much and apologized so sweetly to all of us. She had just gotten herself so worked up about her Birthday, that she couldn't be calm and think rationally. Once the presents, the cake, the singing, the excitement all died down, she was herself - sweet, funny, and friendly. 


She wanted a fishing pole from her dad, and she got just that. She's gone fishing with it twice already and caught the cutest little fish even just tonight.


She had a yellow cake with yellow frosting, wore a yellow dress, and got yellow gifts. She loves the sunshiny yellow color!


When she refused to get her pictures, I told her I would take the picture anyway and then showed her what she looked like.


Seeing herself in the photo all grumpy did the trick. She started smiling for me soon after. That girl.









Awww, little Ceci May! You are my sunshine - my sweetheart, and the perfect baby sister in our family. We always love your giggles, your jokes, and your big heart! Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa