7/01/2008

Gardening and Femininity

Pink knit top - hand-me-down
Camisole - hand-me-down
Capris - by Hydraulic - hand-me-down
Leather wedges - Off Broadway - $19.99
Pink rhinestone stud earrings - Wal-Mart - $1.00

Looks like my son is trying, yet again, to get in the picture!

I couldn't help but wear this hat, because I'm going to pick up some seeds to start a vegetable/herb garden and will be out in the sun all day gardening...

Hat - thrifted - $1.00

Pink scarf - came from a pair of shorts I bought from Aeropostale

And yes - me in my bare, but soon to be full garden!

I feel very Scarlett O'Hara today even though I'm not wearing a hoop skirt. Something about this floppy hat matched with pink is just so feminine! Of course, I'm not brave enough to wear it anywhere but in my garden!

6 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 01, 2008

    Totally adorable, but do you honestly garden in wedge heels? Maybe I am just bitter because I haven't been able to wear heels since I severly bruised (maybe even broke) my pinky toe Saturday night. I snap a quick pic in heels in the morning and then have to switch to flat sandals that don't touch my little toe. I feel like a slump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually - yes, I do sometimes garden in my wedges - I don't really consider wedges heels, since my foot is still pretty much flat - I'm just on stilts. Unfortunately, I've never invested in a good pair of flats with proper arch support, so I either wear running shoes or wedges if I want my feet to be comfortable. It's too hot outside for my running shoes, so I opted for the sandals since they are more breathable. If it's wet out and I'm going to get really dirty, then I'd wear my wedge flip flops, since I don't care if they get destroyed - but since it is dry out, and I only plan on doing some planting, I'll leave these on.

    I'm only 5 feet tall, so I really never wear flats if I can help it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if only you saw what i wear when gardening or even just lounging....and you appear to be in your back yard where no one can see you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 02, 2008

    Pretty Nic! You look so cute when you garden!
    -Li

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica - you are always cute! You should send me some pictures of some of your pregnancy outfits...I'd love to start getting some ideas for when I have my next baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think every woman should have a good gardening hat. Even if for some that means a ball cap (which is what I often use). You look very Scarlet in that hat, so I say keep it and have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa