8/09/2008

Hat and Scarf

Had to wear a hat today since we'd be driving in the convertible...and couldn't help but add the scarf. I just think scarves look particularly good flying in the wind while driving in a convertible.

This scarf is special because it was given to me from my Mother-in-law who bought it at a department store (I am forgetting the name now) in New Orleans where she worked in 1977. The scarf holds a lot of memories for her, but she could tell I was in love with it when she showed it to me and decided later I could have it. Thank you, Mom!

Pink hat - gifted
Scarf - vintage - gifted
White blouse - Isaac Mizrahi for Target - $5.74
Shorts - Banana Republic (hemmed into shorts by me) - hand-me-down
Pink and white strip canvas wedges - Gap Outlet - $2.97
Pink shell earrings - gifted

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just LOVE your blog. I'm getting so many ideas from both of you since I am a SAHM as well. I've been in a bit of a fashion rut lately, but checking out your outfits really has inspired me to pretty it up a bit. You wear dresses quite often and have some really cute ones. Can you offer any tips for buying dresses?! The ones I choose ALWAYS end up looking frumpy. Thanks alot. I'll keep checking back...can't wait for fall to see what you'll both be wearing then! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wearing things with sentimental value, don't you? Very kind of your mother-in-law!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa