8/27/2008

Just Another Day

I bought this dress without my husband present, which was a risk (my husband has very strong opinions about what I should wear). I love the dress - it's so girly and fun! Nevertheless, when I first brought it home to my husband several months ago, he claimed that it was a bit too frumpy for him. Whatever that means. I'm sure some of you can see what my husband sees, but for those of you who appreciate girly/feminine clothes, then you will probably appreciate what I see in this dress.


This picture below was edited to blur out a zit I have on my chin. While I was blurring, I decided I might as well blur out my buck teeth that were sticking out of this slight smile. Now it looks like my lips just got botox. Hee hee!
Flower cotton dress - Kohl's - $7.20
White cami - Bali - $9.99
Pink shiny cutout flats - JCPenney - $4.99
Periwinkle drop earrings (that you can't see in the picture) - gifted

I plan on carrying my spring green JCpenney bag while I'm out today. It brings out the green in the dress perfectly!

6 comments:

  1. I don't know what your husband's talking about but i guess he sees something i don't, but anyway i love it!
    -Li

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty! Your husband isn't wearing it, so I declare that he doesn't get the ultimate say - but it looks like you've already decided that!

    I saw your comment on YouLookFab (I was going to comment again there until I realized that it was a comment from a blog I already read! Small world!) I also have problems with woven fabrics because of my chest. I still default to knits, but if you want wovens it's possible to get tops taken in under your bust at a tailor or dry cleaners that does alterations. Bravissimo.com also has woven shirts made specifically for busty women, but they're definitely more expensive than most of your bargain finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you could ever look frumpy! Beautiful girly dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think you look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My man has declared most of my dresses 'frumpy' even though I know (from blog comments and compliments) that they're not. That dress is lovely. Just ignore your husband, what do men know about fashion and style anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only just stumbled across your blog and I must strongly disagree with your husband. This is the best outfit you have posted in the 10 or so I have looked through. It emphasizes the smallest part of you torso and the way the skirt flows away from your body makes makes you appear to have the most rockin' hourglass figure. I am always weary of skirts in this length, but with those red shoes this one is a 10! Heels may even make it a little more fierce and slightly less girly.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa