11/12/2008

A boring button down shirt.

Like Nic, I'm trying to figure out my style and only buy pieces of clothing that fit into what I'd like my image to one day be, as well as look good on my figure.
Ever since I can remember one of my favorite pieces of clothing to wear has been a plain button down shirt. Back when I was skinnier I use to wear them all the time. Since having a baby, gaining weight, and becoming fuller in the chest, I have opted to skip wearing button downs because they tend to pull and don't give me that longer, crisp look I use to think they gave me.

If I had to pick one person who I'd call my fashion icon or fashion inspiration I would say it is Katherine Hepburn. She wore menswear well and made some very boring pieces look amazing. I would love to be able to pull off that casual, classic style and bring a bit of "Diva" to it like she did.
My modern day fashion inspiration is Katie Holmes. Granted, she hasn't always been my fashion inspiration, but the past couple years I find myself adoring her style and I'd love to be able to copy it.
Today is a day at home, so nothing to fancy. I did recently buy this pink button down shirt and I was so pleased to find the buttons didn't pull! I'd love to start building up my button down shirt collection in colors that look good on me. My style is very classic and I'd really love to play that up more so when people look at me, they can tell who I am and what my fashion sense is.
Shirt ~Gap $8
Jeans ~ Gap $12
Earrings ~ Gifted
Dansko clogs (Blah, I need to replace these)

8 comments:

  1. I love Katherine Hepburn too!!!!!!! And Katy Holmes, this style is so you missi! The shirt looks great!
    Li

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's an extra expense, but have you ever considered having a button down shirt tailored - taken in to fit? I know my local dry cleaners does it and if you buy a good quality shirt that will last you can buy it bigger and have it taken in where it is needed so that it doesn't pull and fits perfectly. I admit, I've never done this, but it's a suggestion I often hear from Clinton and Stacy on What Not To Wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty color on you...and i like katie holmes look as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fashion icons! Both Audrey Hepburn and Katie Holms have inspired countless women everywhere!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can never find a button down that fits and is in my budget. I buy Hollywood Fashion Tape and tape the placket to itself at my bust and it works like a charm.

    I get mine at Bed, Bath & Beyond and use a 20% off coupon too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That shirt fits you very well, and the color sets off your skin & hair beautifully.

    I've recently lost alot of weight (tho I'm still larger than you) and am now wearing button downs again -- I love them too. It's just so easy to throw one on w/a pair of jeans and then choose either a cardi or jacket -- boom, outfit done. Great for those no brainer days (which I have often, lol!)

    Anyway, you look very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That shirt looks great on you! Maybe you can find some more just like it in other colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I like a nice shirt, but I think no matter what your size it can be difficult to find the perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa