11/11/2008

Sweater Dress


I thought this dress looked good on me until I saw this photograph. I think the silhouette is just not doing anything for me. So much for only buying things that look good, etc. Hmmm...
But the dress is fun and easy to wear. It's a knit that gathers at the neck and has a chiffon tie to match the flutter sleeves that are chiffon as well. The waist is a drop waist, leaving the bottom fairly form fitting and keeping the top part baggy. I think it is the drop waist that is making me look shorter and stouter. But it is very comfortable!
Black sweater dress - Target - $5.74
Tights - Target - $5.99
Boots - Ana from JCPenney - $9.99
Hoop earrings - Target - $1

9 comments:

  1. I like the dress, and it definitely looks comfortable. Have you tried different shoes? That may be your solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I see what you're talking about. The dress doesn't look bad, there is just something "off" about it... It's not that form fitting, like it doesn't taper in enough... I do like the boots though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not think the dress looks bad. Sometimes, pictures can be less flattering than the real deal. I must say though - your second pose reminds me of Super Girl!! You are totally rocking the pose & I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a cute dress. What's it like with heels vs. boots? Perhaps a little more leg will give you a different silhouette?

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the black and plum tights! I love how you use colored tights so often, really cute and really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it a lot! Maybe just play with it some more to get it's best look. :)
    Li

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looooove your boots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it funny how we can look in the mirror and see one thing, and see a photograph and see something else?

    Anyway, I'm not sure if this would work with your dress, but have you tried adding a contrasting belt? Not sure if that would do anything, but it might define your waist a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree w/Mrs M, a contrasting belt might be nice. I also love the tights -- that really completes the outfit -- which look nice regardless, btw :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa