11/08/2008

Family Pictures

Practicing poses...




Today I'm having family portraits done outside at a state park. My husband and I took forever trying to pick out outfits. We wanted to be casual since we'll be at a park, so we're all wearing jeans. We wanted to all wear our dark jeans, and we all wanted to wear sweaters. Unfortunately, neither of us had sweaters that remotely matched, so we had a difficult time picking what colors blended right. We decided on me wearing this brown sweater, my husband wearing his light blue H&M sweater, and my son wearing his Ralph Lauren orange sweater. Hopefully we'll all look ok.

The more I've been messing with color in not just what I wear, but my make-up, (I bought a Burt's Bees lip shimmer in Cocoa last night that I'm wearing today, and I love it!) the more I am becoming more sure of what my color palette is. In "old school" color analyst beauty terms, I have officially decided that I have autumn coloring. Deeper warm colors are definitely more me. I think I can wear some clearer bright warm tones, too. Brighter turquoises, yellows, purples, and greens. I also think I can pull off a few winter colors like a deep magenta, burgundy, or royal blue and purple. And then I like a few spring colors like coral and aqua.

Sweater - H&M - $5
Jeans - Express - $19.99
Boots - Aerosoles - $29.00
Medallion necklace and earrings - gifted

In other news, I decided to go get a manicure today. This is very rare for me. It felt good to have someone else bother with the mess, and it was easy for me to pick out a color now that I've narrowed down what colors are best. I picked a warm, deep, sparkly garnet color and I love it!

3 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous and I think that outfit is perfect for family pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit! So casual, yet sophisticated in a natural way. And the jewelry really compliments the whole thing. Superb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit! I love burts bee's lip shimmer. I have it in just the clear lip shimmer and I wear it all the time. It's great!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa