11/07/2008

One dress three ways

Had a lot going on today and was thrilled for this great opportunity to experiment with my wardrobe again.

I wore the above outfit for an appointment I had this morning. I really like the versatility of this dress, but will admit that the poofy sleeves make me look a little disproportionate, so I realize this isn't the perfect cut for my figure.

I wore:

Burgundy dress - Old Navy - $4.99
Gray tights - Target (girl's section) - $1.89
Black low wedges - The Velvet Lounge - $6.00
Bead necklace and earrings - The Velvet Lounge - $2.00
(I wore my black leather satchel bag with this too)

Later this afternoon I babysat five children (who really didn't need me - they were so well behaved and took care of themselves). Nevertheless, in case I had to stop any fights, I figured I better dress for the occasion.


Same dress
Black leggings - Target (girl's section) - $6.99
Black belt - Target - $3.74
Black loafers - Target - $3.74
Gold hoops - Wal-Mart - $19.99
(wore my black satchel with this too)

Then, in just a bit now, I'll be going on a date, so I had to make this baggy dress look as sexy as possible.


Same dress
Black belt - Kohl's - $2.40
Black stilettos - Macy's (Steve Maddens) $27
Bronze glitter clutch - H&M - gifted
Oversized silver chandelier earrings - gifted

And since this 70 degree day has now cooled off a bit, I added my leather jacket (gifted from Wilson's Leather).

8 comments:

  1. That's so awesome! I love it when you can really work a dress for all aspects of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. versatile pieces are so great. you look lovely in each shot and my reaction was "wow!" to those prices. that's my kinda shopping.

    *makes a note to look for tights in the girls section to get a cheaper price*

    i'm a lover of tights. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great display of how to change up a simple (but lovely) dress -- bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh fun! Great look for all three! Like the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each way is like a new dress! LOVE the "date" dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this! I'm not so good at making one dress (or item) work in several ways, but I hope to learn. You're a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all 3 looks, but the last one is my favorite for sure - you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa