11/13/2008

Still working on it...


I went through a lot of my wardrobe with my husband last night asking him his opinion on things. Most people tell me not to worry about what he says, since what does he know about fashion, etc. But, the truth is...I really only care about what two people think about what I look like. That is myself and my husband. Of course, I want to make sure he likes what I wear too!

I've tried not to make any new purchases without him for this reason, but unfortunately, these jeans I bought on my own a few weeks ago, and I'm starting to regret it. Since he wasn't there to tell me when I bought them how the whiskering and faded parts of these jeans make my hips look even wider and my legs look even shorter, all I could see was that the lighter color was something I didn't have in my wardrobe, and for $19, what a deal! Grrr...

I took the tags off already, so they won't be returned, and since I spent $20 on them, I think I'm just going to try to make them work for a while. I like them...I just know I look much better in my dark wash skinny jeans.

Learning to only buy what looks good is going to be a long and hard lesson for me to learn!

It's a beautiful rainy day, and I wanted to wear muted colors and a cozy sweatshirt to match the weather. I also love how J.Crew features looks that include sweatshirts and heels. This is my attempt at copying one of their looks.

Sweatshirt - Sisley (hand-me-down)

Tank - Kohl's - $3.99

Jeans - H&M - $19.90

Sandals - Old Navy - $9

7 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you get your husband's opinion on clothes. Not all guys are clueless about fashion/clothes, so people who think you shouldn't ask... well that's just silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think they look bad at all! But you could always dye them! Because they fit great, and it'd be a shame not to wear them!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that, people always tell me why do I care if my husband doesnt like something. I feel like saying well I love him and he has to look at me all the time I want him to like what he sees, this is the truth. As for the jeans,I think you should dye them, it's easy just use the denim color dye and mix it with black dye, it will come out really dark and you can still use them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i ask for my hubby's opinion all the time, so does he :) i think you look fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always ask for my husbands opinion too. I agree with katie, you can always dye them darker. I did that to a jean skirt I had and it turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never dyed anything, so that would be an experience! But what a good idea - thank you all for the suggestions!

    Sure enough, though, when my husband came home he told me he loved my outfit and that he likes the jeans now.

    I guess I just need to make sure I pair things the right way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the jeans work out for yuo! I don't think they make your hips look big or your legs short--I've been dying to find a cheap pair of skinny jeans that fit right! I like how you combined them with the pink shoes.

    My husband and I go back and forth over fashion faux pas, too! :)

    www.acorkerslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa