12/12/2008

Another Christmas Party






I know, a lot of pictures of just one outfit...but this is a special outfit! Tonight is my annual work Christmas party. We have a really fancy dinner and all that and are supposed to dress semi-formal/festive.

This dress I found at Lord & Taylor for originally $352. It was marked down to $34.99 on their storewide clearance event, but then with a coupon I had, and for opening a credit card with them, I got an extra 40% off! It didn't fit perfectly, so I had it altered for $20. Now this is the most perfect fitting dress I have ever owned! The seamstress took it in at the waist, let it out at the hips, reinforced the zipper, raised the shoulder straps, made the armholes bigger (since we cut some off with raising the straps), and then pressed it beautifully.

Dress - Lord & Taylor - $20 (plus $20 in alterations)
Blazer - vintage - inherited
Sateen trench coat - Kohl's - $23
Pumps - Macy's (Steve Madden) - $27
Statement earrings - gifted
Black leather gloves - gifted
Not shown - bronze glitter clutch - H&M - gifted

11 comments:

  1. love it, you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. man, oh man, you seriously look ama-za-zing!! I'd love to look 1/2 that good! hope its fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!You look fantastic! Hope you had fun at your X-mas party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is wonderful! It looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Nic you are stunning. The dress, coat, makeup, everything. STUNNING!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a HOT outfit! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is by far the prettiest dress I have seen in a while, I really love it, and the fit is perfect. Lovely, just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is utterly fantastic!! You look so chic and STUNNING!! What a perfect all-around outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Add my voice to the chorus -- STUNNING!!!! Wow, what a super dress -- and you wear it beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look like a million bucks!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  11. You totally rocked this look! And talk about a deal!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa