5/26/2009

A little bit of attitude...


Here is an example of how to spruce up a stay-at-home-doing-nothing outfit...I wore the jeans unrolled with this t-shirt all day while I took care of my son and worked from home. In the morning, I just put some product in my freshly showered hair and let it go natural - at around lunch time I added mascara, lipstick, and a touch of violet eyeshadow and some bronzer. Then, just before going out, I added the belt, rolled up the cuffs, slipped on a pair of heels, added large silver hoop earrings, a funky bracelet, and a glittery clutch.

Now I realize this is a trendy look, and not everybody's style - but hopefully you get the idea of how I easily transition my lounge wear to an actual outfit.

Graphic t-shirt - Express - $8
Boyfriend jeans - J.Crew (off Ebay, ordered a size larger so they would look like boyfriend jeans) - $2.25
Skinny belt - gifted
Large silver hoop earrings - Target - $1
4 strand chain necklace worn as bracelet - thrifted - $1
Sandals - Target - $3.74
Glittery clutch - H&M - gifted

9 comments:

  1. Love this!

    I do the same thing, start with the basics of my outfit for just being home and then as the day progresses...esp. if I'm leaving some where I'll quickly add some bracelets and throw on some wedges or heels and "ta da" I look put together:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 26, 2009

    i like everything except the jeans rolled up

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your trendy rocker look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might be in the minority but I like the rolled up jeans look here. I'm not normally a big fan of it, but I think you've done it really well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it! Rolled up jeans, bracelet, and all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look awesome in boyfriend jeans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the rolled up jeans - don't give them up :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousMay 28, 2009

    I just have to laugh. I'm not sure how old you are (I'm 34) but I remember this look from
    1986-'87! We used to tight roll our jeans, wear tons of bracelets, rocker tees....the only thing you need now is the big 80's hair! Google 'Poison', 'Bon Jovi' (their80's look), 'Bananarama', 'Belinda Carlisle' (her 80's look). You're even a little bit Joan Jett! I cannot believe this stuff is coming back...what's next stirrup pants? LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm 27, so I don't remember this stuff that well...but uh...yeah...80's looks have been back for a while now, and actually stirrup pants have also been in for a few seasons now! lol!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa