7/02/2009

All pinned up


I never wear my hair pinned up because my husband likes it down, but today I made an exception. My Mom used to wear her hair like this all the time. Dad LOVED it loosely pulled up and would tell Mom that she looked like Jane Seymour in the movie Somewhere in Time (picture of Jane Seymour below).
Today is my last day of having to go into the office. It is also the last day I will be posting for for a little bit. My family and I are moving to Northwest Ohio this weekend to be closer to our families. We're packing up the computer tonight, as well as turning off our internet. I'm not sure when I'll be back to posting - probably Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

I'm looking forward to enjoying the rest of my summer in the midwest, running around outside barefoot, baking berry pies, swimming in the pool, and playing with my little boy.

Outfit:

Top - New York & Company (thrifted) - $4
Cami - Bali - $9
Skirt - Gap - $16
Pumps - Target - $6
Earrings - inherited
Necklace - Kohl's - gifted
Bag - thrifted - $2

Hair:

2nd day hair, brushed through and twisted loosely into a bun at the top of my head
Curled the tendrils slightly, then sprayed with Tresemme extra hold hairspray

Make-up:

Black mascara from Loreal
Black liner from Rimmel
Eyeshadow from Victoria Secret
Highlighter from Ulta
Lipstick from Avon in rose
Blush in bronze sands from Mary Kay

Hope you all have a wonderful Fourth of July weekend!

13 comments:

  1. You look absolutely beautiful today! I love your hair up like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your hair both ways, you have beautiful hair.
    Hope the move goes well. It's so good to be around family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks amazing like this! You should try it this way more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The updo looks fabulous, it's really fashionable right now too.
    Your outfit looks fabulous. I hope your move goes well. See you on DS in a week or so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice. and btw, you are my winner! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. SG: YAY!!!! I'm ecstatic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the updo looks very elegant and nice
    good luck with the move

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the move goes smoothly! I grew up in NW Ohio and my parents still live there so I visit that area often. I hope it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that your move goes well! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun and hope the move will turn out smoothly. Love your hair in a bun. It looks classy and chic.;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look great!

    i hope the move goes smoothly. my husband and i will be moving at the end of the month. i've tried to start packing a little something each day but have missed a few days due to the holiday and the hubby being home.....

    now i'm afraid i've lost my motivation, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your hair looks so pretty and i love love love somewhere in time.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa