4/20/2010

The best beauty product out there...

is water. Seriously.

My Mom always insisted that I drink 8 glasses of water a day to keep my skin clear during puberty, and she was right. I never had pimples or zits growing up. Unfortunately, once I got out on my own, I stopped drinking water as much and sure enough, I discovered what it was like to have pimples or face blemishes.

Recently, in an attempt to get more healthy and lose some weight, I have been charting my calories and water intake on Livestrong.com. At the beginning of my tracking, I realized that I was only drinking about 5 to 6 glasses of water a day. Now that I've been drinking 8 glasses or more of water a day for an entire week I am achieving some pretty good results.

Not only is my face blemish free, but the color in my complexion is more even. My lips don't need chapstick and my hands are so much softer.
This pic isn't clear enough to show you my skin (I wanted the pic to focus on the beautiful lilacs that have just started to bloom in my backyard), but I posted the pic just to prove that I have been avoiding make-up these days because I feel so confident in my new dewy (or waterlogged) skin.

In addition to drinking more water, I have also started to use Clinique Self Sun Daily Moisturizer on my face. I use Clinique glow powder and the self sun product came as a free gift with my purchase of the powder. I LOVE this stuff! My husband has even commented on the nice glow it gives my face.


It's that time of year to make sure your face isn't pasty white as the sun is starting to shine - what products do you use to fake a glow? Or do you still opt for the good old fashioned route of laying out in the sun?

3 comments:

  1. That's so true! I make sure to get my water in daily, it's so important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so right, why do I ever stop drinking enough water a day? sometimes it's just hard to get it in. I'd love to try that self tanner, you look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always have a hard time drinking my 8 cups a day! i will definitely try harder from now on. thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa