5/11/2010

Outfit Post: Black, white, and red


I wore my sweats all day because I figured I wouldn't be going anywhere (it rained all day) and I needed to do chores over my lunchbreak (I work from home from 8 to5). However, later in the day I found my little boy had developed some sort of rash. The earliest I could get him in to see the doctor was close to 7PM. I decided I'd just stay in my sweats since I figured my son was sick, and I should be dressed for whatever might happen, but I figured wrong...

My husband called on the way home from work and said he would pick us up and take us to the doctor. I told him I was in sweats. I guess he can be as vain as me, because he told me to change so he wouldn't be the only one dressed up (he wears a business suit and tie to work each day). So in the 10 minutes I had before my husband got home, I picked these foolproof separates. Since I didn't have time to do a full face of make-up, I swiped the red lipstick on. I love how red lipstick makes you look like you have all your make-up on.

And just so you know, my son is fine. The doctor says he has a case of hives - probably an allergic reaction to the new laundry detergent I just started using yesterday, or possibly something he touched outside or ate. Other than that, the doctor gave him a clean bill of health!

Jacket - Jones New York (thrifted) - $3.50
White shirt - Banana Republic - $11
Jeans - JBrand (via Ebay) - gifted
Pumps - BCBGirls (via Macy's) - $21
Necklace - NY&Co - gifted
Bag - Helen Welsh - gifted

2 comments:

  1. Not bad for pulling it together in ten minutes!

    And I love your bag, so gorgeous!!!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are pretty impressive, and for the record, not only do I have my sweatpants on today, I realized half way to taking my daughters to school, they were inside out, pretty sad.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa