7/18/2010

Outfit Post: Belted Twice



I created this necklace myself by twisting together two necklaces. The one is a drippy black choker, and the other is just a silver chain choker. I like how the silver and black match the silver and black belts.

This dress used to be strapless and about mid-calf length. I bought it with a little white sweater about five years ago to wear as I left the reception of my wedding. Since then, I've figured out that only knee-length looks good on me. So last summer, I hemmed the dress and used the fabric from the hem to make the dress some straps so I could wear it without a sweater. I love how it turned out!

Dress - Express - $29
Pumps - BCBGirls (via Macy's) - $21
Large black belt - Kohl's - $4
Double strap skinny belt - Banana Republic - $4
Chain necklace - thrifted - $2
Black choker - Lia Sophia - won at a Lia Sophia party
Shades - Target - $4

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe how well you remade the dress! It's lovely.
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty white dress, like the contrast with the black belts!

    Sal xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I only wish that I could be crafty and talented like that to rework some of my own clothing. I can't even sew a button on.

    This dress is beautiful on you, I love the sweetness of it with the edgier accents of the necklace and belts. Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa