7/19/2010

Outfit Post: Denim Suit

I was inspired by this month's In Style mag to purchase a denim vest. The wearability of the item is so versatile. Luckily, I found one on my first trip to Goodwill for only $3!
I love how the collar stays standing up on the vest too!
I decided to pair it with this pale pink denim skirt because I thought the vest would look great with a pencil skirt. The sihlouette of the pencil skirt and vest belted is very retro, yet the take on each of these classic pieces is very modern too (denim fabrics, zippers, etc.).

I love the contrasting denim colors of my "denim suit" and how the white t-shirt peeking through, plus the belt and strappy bag, help to break up the "uniform" look.
Vest - thrifted - $3
Skirt - Gap - $3
Booties - Target - $7
Hoop earrings - Premier Jewelry - $21
White t-shirt - F21 - $3.50
Belt - Gap
Bag - Eddie Bauer (thrifted) - $.50