7/19/2010

Outfit Post: Denim Suit

I was inspired by this month's In Style mag to purchase a denim vest. The wearability of the item is so versatile. Luckily, I found one on my first trip to Goodwill for only $3!
I love how the collar stays standing up on the vest too!
I decided to pair it with this pale pink denim skirt because I thought the vest would look great with a pencil skirt. The sihlouette of the pencil skirt and vest belted is very retro, yet the take on each of these classic pieces is very modern too (denim fabrics, zippers, etc.).

I love the contrasting denim colors of my "denim suit" and how the white t-shirt peeking through, plus the belt and strappy bag, help to break up the "uniform" look.
Vest - thrifted - $3
Skirt - Gap - $3
Booties - Target - $7
Hoop earrings - Premier Jewelry - $21
White t-shirt - F21 - $3.50
Belt - Gap
Bag - Eddie Bauer (thrifted) - $.50

7 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 19, 2010

    great outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 3rd photo totally looks like a magazine shot! Great outfit! You are always so good at creating ensembles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap I bought a denim vest and wore it this weekend too :D

    Great look!

    Sal xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make that look amazing and just may have inspired me to look for a (discount) denim vest! I wasn't at all convinced after reading my InStyle, but you look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome! It's very "tough girl".

    And now I need to go find a denim vest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJuly 19, 2010

    Leah took the words right out of my mouth! This could most DEFINITELY be a mag shot!! Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the third picture of you here! It does looks like a shot from the magazine's cover!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa