7/22/2010

Outfit Post: Olive and Gold




I haven't made any close friends yet since moving out to Ohio, so I find myself making my husband (my best friend) do things with me that normally I would only subject a girl friend to...like, I made him sit at my computer last night and listen and watch as I clicked through all the fashion blogs I read and give him my own synopsis of the blogger's style. He must love me because he braved the whole episode with a smile and even conjured up an opinion or two when I pressed him for one. I love my best friend so much!

Going through all of my favorite fashion blogs with my husband, and hearing his opinions, inspired me to create an outfit today that was fun, practical, and very me, regardless of what is fashionable or trendy. So often I find myself copying looks instead of just doing my own thing, because I'm worried that my own thing isn't quite as cool as what I can just copy from someone else who is already established as "cool." I seriously need to stop being a copycat and just be myself.

Top - Simply Vera Wang for Kohl's - gifted
Shorts - J.Crew (via Ebay) - $4
Wedges - Target - $6
Belt - Gap - bought 7 years ago...forget the price!
Hat - Banana Republic - $6
Chain necklace - Target - gifted
Chain and pearl necklace - Garage Sale - $1
Leather bag - Eddie Bauer (Garage sale) - $.25
Shades - Target - $4

7 comments:

  1. You have such a cute style, so yes, you shouldn't hesitate to just be yourself! =)
    How sweet of your hubby to spend that time with you last night... I'm pretty sure I couldn't talk mine into that! Well, maybe if I begged. He is still confused why I think it is fun to take pictures of my outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely couldn't talk my husband into sitting with me to look through my blogs! Although he did read through a few that I emailed to him because I wanted him to see that it's not just me taking pictures of myself like some weirdo. :)

    I think your style is adorable and I love how you're able to be fashion forward, stylish and modestly beautiful. Always be yourself - YOU be the one to decide what's cool, don't let anyone else tell you what you should think is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this cracks me up! i have made my husband do the same with me. i've moved a lot and sometimes it's just hard to find a friend who wants to talk fashion and clothes and what inspires a daily outfit. thank goodness for blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered your blog and I love it. I don't subscribe to any other fashion blogs but am happy to follow yours. I love your look and the fact that you didn't break the bank to achieve it. I agree with you. I have a blog as well and it's easy to feel you have to copy others. But if this is an example of your "original style" then by all means be YOU!!!! BTW, you do have a wonderful Hubby. It's evident in his interest in your "craft".

    ~Victoria
    tenthousandsewinghours.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 22, 2010

    I'm diggin the bag and hat! Very cute and relaxed!-Li

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJuly 22, 2010

    I absolutely agree -- sometimes when there are SO many influences telling us what we should wear, we forget what we actually WANT to wear and feel good in.

    Very cute outfit and your legs look killer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a cute outfit! I cant believe how much you spent on it!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa