9/07/2010

Outfit Post: Girl's Day Out

I opted for leggings at first, but after this controversy, I thought it would be much more modest with skinny jeans. And if you remember, this tunic used to be a dress.
Apart from craving the zaniest of food combinations at the weirdest times, my morning sickness has not been so bad this past week, and I'm enjoying getting my house back in order and working on projects again.

Today is my sister-in-law's birthday. I'm taking her, her sister, and her (and my) sister-in-law out for shopping, dinner, and the birthday girl gets a facial! Should be fun, and the perfect excuse to wear bright lipstick and tons of necklaces!

Tunic - Target - $8
Leggings - Wal-Mart - $5
Pumps - BCBGirls - $21
Jeans - Express - $19
Necklace - Target - gifted
Necklace - thrifted - $1
Necklace - Kohl's - $.60
Earrings - Premier Jewelry - $21

8 comments:

  1. Have fun on your birthday outing! I thought I had put 'baby congrats' out here but now I cannot find my comments. Just wanted to make sure I did say congratulations. Hope you have a smooth pregnancy. I look forward to maternity photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I clicked all the like option, cool, fun, snazzy, gorgeous...because they all fit how amazing you look today! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it with both leggings and the skinny jeans. It's funny because I do not remember ever hearing people complain about leggings. I noticed recently our former pastor's wife (now a missionary) often wears leggings with her tunic dresses. I think it's much more modest than walking around with leggings and a t-shirt. The tunic and leggings combination is flattering without showing too much leg. I saw bravo. You look great both ways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah, thanks for the congrats! And S, thanks for the vote of confidence on the leggings! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am still miffed about the modesty controversy from a few months back. you look great either way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look beautiful in both Jeans and Leggings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely missed the modesty debacle and I am glad I did. Because I think that sometimes I look at your outfits and feel like you could take more risks. I am a christian also but I have to admit, I am not making any christian friends with my poses or my looks. *yikes*

    As I want to be a plus size model to inspire other young ladies that they can be or do anthing they aspire to be I don't comprehend people who want others to be uniform. God made us all different. Now I am top heavy and I would have to wear 3 tanks sometimes to cover all I have. And I am not going to die in 120 degree weather for someone elses comfort. Keep up the good work. I think you amazing in both outfits all the outfits in this post and the ones you referenced. You inspire some of my outfits (on the plus side) so don't change now. I love what you're doing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. QueenDiva: Thank you for your encouragement! That means a lot!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa