9/19/2010

Outfit Post: To a wedding



This is what I wore to a wedding yesterday. Unfortunately, even though I loved my outfit as I left the house, I found the belt not to be such a good idea later in the evening.

I'm hoping this dress will stretch enough towards the end of my pregnancy, because it is so comfortable and the color is great. Without a belt, it isn't too flattering, but right now comfort is my main concern. :-)

Also, the reason I posted my "Pregnancy Flashback" post was so that you all could understand the concern I expressed in an earlier post about gaining weight for this pregnancy. Unfortunately, a comment I received made me realize I was not very clear. So I am going to try one more time to clear it up, and have learned my lesson not to share any of my pregnancy issues on this blog. It's a fashion blog, not my pregnancy blog. Since my pregnancy state is a lot more sensitive than my regular state - there is no way I will put myself out there with a pregnancy blog and open myself up to criticism regarding something so personal.

Anyway...I did not gain 80 pounds because I was happy and healthy--I had gestational diabtetes and toxemia. It was water weight and it was very very painful. I had a hard time walking or moving because of the water in my joints. My whole body felt like one big indian burn. On top of that, the toxemia makes you very sick. My last pregnancy resulted in a 2 week early induction. After laboring all day on pitocin, they had to do an emergency c-section due to no progression and to the fact my kidneys stopped working.

So I really should have stated in that one post that my concern was not about weight gain, but that I don't get diabetes and toxemia again. I am happy to gain plenty of weight, if it's because my body is growing in a healthy way to make this baby. But if the weight gets excessive, then it is what alerted my doctor in the last pregnancy that something was wrong, and will alert the doctors this time that something is wrong, and *that* is what I *was* nervous about.

My post in which I expressed my concern over this, I also said in the same post that my midwife relieved my concerns and I was *not* stressing out over this.

So, that being said...the vanity you should be accusing me of should have nothing to do with my pregnancy, but all to do with the fact I take a picture of myself almost everyday and post it on the internet for all to see. And if you have a problem with that, I completely understand if you no longer want to read my blog.

Dress - Target - won from Spoils of Wear giveaway
Belt - Banana Republic - $4
Shoes - BCBGirls (via Macy's) - $21
Silver hoop earrings - Target - $1