9/19/2010

Outfit Post: To a wedding



This is what I wore to a wedding yesterday. Unfortunately, even though I loved my outfit as I left the house, I found the belt not to be such a good idea later in the evening.

I'm hoping this dress will stretch enough towards the end of my pregnancy, because it is so comfortable and the color is great. Without a belt, it isn't too flattering, but right now comfort is my main concern. :-)

Also, the reason I posted my "Pregnancy Flashback" post was so that you all could understand the concern I expressed in an earlier post about gaining weight for this pregnancy. Unfortunately, a comment I received made me realize I was not very clear. So I am going to try one more time to clear it up, and have learned my lesson not to share any of my pregnancy issues on this blog. It's a fashion blog, not my pregnancy blog. Since my pregnancy state is a lot more sensitive than my regular state - there is no way I will put myself out there with a pregnancy blog and open myself up to criticism regarding something so personal.

Anyway...I did not gain 80 pounds because I was happy and healthy--I had gestational diabtetes and toxemia. It was water weight and it was very very painful. I had a hard time walking or moving because of the water in my joints. My whole body felt like one big indian burn. On top of that, the toxemia makes you very sick. My last pregnancy resulted in a 2 week early induction. After laboring all day on pitocin, they had to do an emergency c-section due to no progression and to the fact my kidneys stopped working.

So I really should have stated in that one post that my concern was not about weight gain, but that I don't get diabetes and toxemia again. I am happy to gain plenty of weight, if it's because my body is growing in a healthy way to make this baby. But if the weight gets excessive, then it is what alerted my doctor in the last pregnancy that something was wrong, and will alert the doctors this time that something is wrong, and *that* is what I *was* nervous about.

My post in which I expressed my concern over this, I also said in the same post that my midwife relieved my concerns and I was *not* stressing out over this.

So, that being said...the vanity you should be accusing me of should have nothing to do with my pregnancy, but all to do with the fact I take a picture of myself almost everyday and post it on the internet for all to see. And if you have a problem with that, I completely understand if you no longer want to read my blog.

Dress - Target - won from Spoils of Wear giveaway
Belt - Banana Republic - $4
Shoes - BCBGirls (via Macy's) - $21
Silver hoop earrings - Target - $1

18 comments:

  1. You look adorable and ARE adorable!

    I will be bummed if you don't update/post about your pregnancy because right now it's one of the biggest part of who you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    I did not read vanity in your post at all! I had gestational diabetes and who put on a lot of weight in the first trimester and the doctor warned me that while I was not to 'diet', I still had to watch my weight gain.

    So I completely understand your concerns.

    I think you look beautiful. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief girl! You do take a beating sometimes don't you? Poor thing! You didn't give much info in the prior pregnancy post (I'm a new reader) but I could read between the lines and see that your concern about weight gain certainly wasn't vanity! Oy! You have a great blog! You put together some beautiful outfits! And you are an inspiration to me as a Christian woman! Hang in there! God bless you and your family and I pray for a healthy, EASY pregnancy for you!

    That green dress is a good color for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful! I really hope you continue to post about your pregnancy. For us who have been through rough pregnancys, its great to encourage and celebrate with each other. I am praying for a healthy pregnancy for you and that God will protect and bless your precious baby. --Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am farther along (and heavier) and worried about weight not because of vanity,but because it isn't good for the baby or me... though I am soooo interested in ice cream lately. I completely second your concerns and understand, I think anyone who doesn't hasn't talked to a medical professional about being pregnant recently. Good for you for monitoring your health for the right reasons and dispelling the myth that you can eat however you like when you are pregnant. So many people still believe that and it could cost them so much in the long run.
    That being said I had french toast for breakfast- but with whole wheat and yogurt instead of syrup. :)
    Love your dress, it's a beautiful color and style.
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nic,
    I am new to your blog this year and enjoy your posts. You have great style! I also think since this is YOUR blog, you have the right to say whatever you desire. If there are those that do not like what you say or do not agree, then they should take a hike. Please don't let those comments or remarks from others get you down. You have my support gal! Good luck with the pregnancy and I look forward to your future posts. Hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't get a vanity vibe from your post at ALL. Some people search for things to be nasty about, so I hope you can ignore them and continue to post pregnancy updates! I've been reading your blog for years and I'm very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dress looks absolutely amazing on you! I hope for your sake that it stretches out along with you too because the color is really fantastic.

    I don't understand why people would read a blog that they feel they need to judge. If there is something you don't like about the writer, just don't read the blog. Simple as that.

    This is your space to do with whatever you want. I love seeing your outfit posts and if you want to write about your pregnancy, you should!

    People who comment only to criticize make me sad for them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read your blog for over a year now. I understood completely what you were saying. Once again, your having to explain what you meant proves two things:

    1- People really cannot comprehend what they are reading and make judgments that have nothing to do with you, but more about their feelings...

    2- Some people are just plain stupid...

    Keep showing us the belly honey! DO YOU!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. We want to keep seeing how great you look during your pregnancy, you always have a great style and I'll bet you can give some great tips to other people during their pregnancies.

    Don't you dislike mean people? And did you notice their name is always "anonymous" *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  11. You all have made me feel so much better! And you're right, I'm sick of all the anonymous haters out there...so I've disabled the anonymous function. Maybe that will cut down on some of the negative comments.

    I'm glad the rest of you understand me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad anonymous is disabled. People say a lot of things and feel free to attack others in a very different way when they don't have to stand behind their comments.

    And I'm with the others... if people aren't in to the real, whole you... there are other blogs, and they can get lost. Being a woman and a busy mom is a big part of what brings me back to this blog, I am inspired by the effort you put in. I don't have kids and struggle to blow-dry my hair some days, let alone consider an outfit beyond what's clean and covers some figure flaws.

    I don't get why people think it's ok to order women around, but we see it all the time... it's notable when people tell brides how to plan their weddings, pregnant women how to do everything, and people how to parent. Women should really be more supportive of each other than that, especially considering we are still not equal in the workplace and so many other ways.

    I am wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy and a perfect specimen of tiny human being at the end. You have a lot of responsibility growing that being, and like every woman, you'll do the best you can.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw..hang in there. You look fabulous, and this green dress is darling. Wishing a wonderful uneventful pregnancy and birth.

    Are you familiar with the Brewer Diet or the website blueribbonbabies?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Genuine Lustre: I am not familiar with the Brewer Diet or the website blueribbonbabies...but I'm going to google it now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's always someone anonymous with the snarky remarks isn't it? Funny that. I understood exactly what you were saying about your last pregnancy - shame some people are not bright enough and need a fuller explanation.
    I have disallowed anonymous comments on my blog on numerous occasions thanks to idiots like this.
    Hope you stay happy and healthy through this pregnancy and that all goes smoothly for you.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the dress! You look great...glowing already! =) The negative comments are ridiculous. I've never even been pregnant and I didn't read that into what you were saying AT ALL. Chin up...

    ReplyDelete
  17. That picture of you in the green dress is one of the cutest pregnancy pictures I've seen in so long!

    And I think almost everyone knew what you meant. And you know what, everyone OF COURSE wants the baby to be healthy...and there's no reason Mom can't be healthy too. And let's face it, the in-your-face reason most of us stay healthy is because we are a little vain. I think you look beautiful, and I respect that you WANT to look good everyday, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hot mama! I love this dress on you. So sophisticated and stylish. Great look on you. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa