9/05/2010

Outfit Post: Vintage Remixed

Remember this dress?
I was trying to wait to wear it until I had found the perfect nude pumps for it. I was also hoping to save it for a particular wedding we had planned to attend. But I have been looking for the perfect shoes for months, and have learned that I can't afford the shoes I want...so these will have to do.
Also, I was too sick to attend the wedding, and I'm afraid I might already be grown out of this dress by the time we attend the next wedding we were invited to.
So I'm just wearing this dress for church. I paired it with my grandmother's vintage bag that she gave me to wear for my wedding. I haven't worn the bag since the wedding and am all giddy about wearing it today. It's so prim and ladylike! I'm also wearing the earrings I wore at my wedding, which you can see in the shots on this page.
And I have the perfect backdrop for taking pictures of this dress...my vintage victorian house!

Vintage refashioned dress - thrifted - $5
Pumps - Target - $6
Vintage bag - inherited
Shades - Target - $4
Earrings - Kohl's - $7

Hope you are all enjoying a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

4 comments:

  1. You look absolutely lovely. So, so pretty. I'm glad you wore the dress anyway but so sorry you were too sick for the wedding.

    I love the lace on that dress! I hope you get a lot more use out of it, if not now then after the baby. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very dreamy looking-Li

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this dress on you! Also love that you paired it with the white vintage purse. I forgot you had that. Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this dress on you! Also love that you paired it with the white vintage purse. I forgot you had that. Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa