2/23/2011

Answer to a reader question...

One of our readers asked what she should wear on a date that would entail fishing and hiking in a warm climate. She is conservative and likes feminine clothes. She is 23, average height, and slim.

Since both of those activities require some practical clothing, I would recommend shorts as opposed to sundresses or skirts. I also wouldn't choose pants since it can get pretty humid out where she will be. To keep a casual, but cute vibe, I'd stick with some jean shorts that hit just above the knee.

For both activities, I would also recommend closed toe shoes. Boat shoes are going to be big this coming season, and would be a great option for fishing, while I don't think anything but a hiking shoe will work for hiking. If it's just a stroll through the park, a comfortable, but stylish sandal should do the trick.

Another recommendation would be to wear a hat for both activities. For fishing, you would want a hat to shield the sun and cover up your potentially wilted hair (from the humidity). For hiking, a hat is a cute way to cover up a practical ponytail and cover up potentially sweaty hair.

For fishing, you can opt for a feminine/flirty top, but for hiking, I think a campshirt over a tank is your best bet.

See below for my picks (note, I am not necessarily recommending the stores for these items...for the pricey items, you can just as easily find something similar at a cheaper department store like Target or Wal-mart).

fishing in a KY summer

fishing in a KY summer by nicridley on Polyvore.com

Hollister co
$30 - hollisterco.com

Hollister Co vintage short
$29 - hollisterco.com

J crew
$115 - jcrew.com

Old navy shoes
$23 - oldnavy.gap.com

Crochet summer hat
$20 - lorisshoes.com

Bajra scarve
$265 - intermixonline.com

House of Harlow 1960 glass shade
$138 - boutiquetoyou.com



hiking in a KY summer

hiking in a KY summer by nicridley on Polyvore.com

So these would be my picks, but what would you all recommend? I'm sure our reader would love extra input!

1 comment:

  1. I had my husband look over my tips for a man's opinion and he liked my picks, however, he said that a guy expects you to go more sporty than feminine for fishing and hiking, so the more practical you are, the better. He said you would definitely need to pick dark colored boat shoes for fishing, as it can get pretty muddy. Old Navy had navy and red boat shoes that you can pick from.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa