2/03/2012

Vintage Sequins

I bought this vintage designer jacket at a consignment store in Grand Rapids. I thought it would look great with a long white cowl neck tunic tee (like what I'm wearing but in cream or white), some skinny jeans and a huge platform shoe. What you see below is the closest I had to that. The cool thing is that when I tried on the jacket this time around, I noticed a tag inside the sleeve. I pulled out the tag and it was the original price tag for the jacket. The jacket is Oleg Cassini, which is cool in and of itself, but having the original tags is even cooler. The tag is so old it looks stained, but you can still read it and it lists the jacket for $728!!! Crazy, right?

As cool as this jacket is - I didn't think it looked right with the taupe top, and I thought it needed a bigger platform shoe to balance out the strong shoulder. Perhaps maybe my boots?
I ended up switching out my sequined jacket for a sequined top. Still plenty of sparkle for a night out on the town.

3 comments:

  1. I can not believe that it still had its original tag on! And that someone paid for it so much money! You totally scored when you found it in consignment store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think your boots would go well with this, and maybe a darker jean?

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa